When you don’t have a smile that you can be proud of, it can be cause for concern. Everyone should be more than happy to flash their pearly whites. If you have the need to give your smile a makeover, you’ll be happy to know there is hope – in veneers. Veneers are one of the most natural looking restorations in cosmetic dentistry, while also providing durability and strength comparable to natural tooth enamel. Porcelain veneers are fingernail thin shells that are directly bonded over damaged, misshapen or stained teeth. Still not convinced? Here are the reasons you should choose porcelain veneers:
- They are stain-resistant to classic stains like coffee, tea, soda and smoke.
- Porcelain veneers can improve multiple flaws such as stains, cracks, gaps or discoloring.
- Porcelain produces natural looking results because the material mimics the light reflecting properties of the natural tooth.
- The material is very durable, and the strength can be comparable to natural tooth enamel. If taken care of, they have a lifespan of 10-20 years.
- Porcelain veneers produce fast and dramatic results, such as whiter or bolder teeth.
- It is more conservative than a full crown, by persevering more of your natural tooth.
- The shape, color and size are all customized just for you.
But, before you make your appointment, some things to keep in mind:
- The shape or color cannot be alter once bonded to your tooth.
- If broken, the whole veneer has to be replaced.
- They can be quite pricey, costing around $1,000 per tooth.
To learn more about porcelain veneers, call Dr. David Musarra at Dental Associates of Hoboken at 201-795-2111. Also visit the website at www.hobokenpediatricdentistry.com.
Dr. David Musarra proudly accepts patients from Hoboken, Weehawken, Jersey City, Union City, North Bergen, Newark and all surrounding areas.